Thursday, April 24, 2008

Alone with my castle

Its traveling season again and tonight I find myself in Fenton, Missouri. The weather and scenery are really nice, but that's not what this is about. Next door to my hotel is a White Castle!


I've only eaten White Castle in my life and the experience left me a little ill. Diggler and I were only able to eat 2 each (Cartmen had 16). Anywho, that was before a movie added to the food chains credibility... at least for entertainment purposes, so I felt obliged to try the food one more time. So here is my opinion of what I ordered:

The Classic White Castle Burger - the original, finished in two bites, was good with both and without ketchup.
The Cheese Burger - just as good as the original, but with the greasy goodness of government grad cheese
The Jalepeno Cheese Burger - little chopped up peices of jalepeno make it a spicy, yet flavorful snack for anytime, day or night
French Fries - nothing to write home about, but good enough to include in a blog entry
Chicken Rings - a miracle of the processed food era, these donuts of poultry taste fantastic... mainly if you add honey mustard (no BBQ sauce at this location) and the perfect end to a well balanced meal

Of course it may have helped that I was drinking a local beer - Schlafley No. 15 - a bitter, strangley refreshing brew. Then again, I beleive a great Burger Shack employee said it best: "if there's one thing I've learned, it's that if you're craving White Castle, the burgers here just don't cut it. In fact, just thinking about those tender little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one... just makes me want to burn this motherfucker down. Come on, Pookie, let's burn this motherfucker down!"

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4/25/2008, Blogger Bass said...

I never really wanted to go to guantanamo, that is until a movie added to its credibility.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home