Sunday, September 24, 2006

I couldn't have said it better myself

So I always wanted to sit down and document this story, but apparently one of my fraternity brothers beat me to it (Dell'Achio, I'm looking in your direction). Anyways, I think all of the major details are included, so check out the story here (it's also the second link if you Google the phrase "Donkey Show".

The part of my story not covered on the other site occurs when the horse-drawn carraiges to Doys Town split up. I was with the only two guys that were fluent in Spanish so I felt perfectly safe. Even when part of the cart fell off and I jumped off to pick it up for the guy. As it turns out, my cart was the only one that learned why the lights were off. Some drunk driver drove his car straight into a power pole, blowing out the transformer and the power for the entire area.

I also bought my cowboy hat at the donkey show bar. Some guy was walking around with a stack of hats. I asked, "quantos"; he said, "doce"; I said, "no, diaz"; and he said, "ah, ci, ci." And thus I purchased my drinking hat. More on that later.

Yeah, it's one of my favorite stories to shock and amaze with. I hope you enjoy it. So I leave you with one final question: anyone wanna go to Mexico?

7 Comments:

At 9/25/2006, Blogger CD said...

I was waiting for the day someone found that story. I actually hadn't been to that site in almost a year, and coincidentally the other day I checked back just to see how many times it had been read. Indeed, it is the #1 most read story on the entire site.

I posted it one day when I was bored at work back in the summer of 2002, right after I had moved back to Dallas.

PS. How did you find it? Did you really Google "Donkey Show"?

 
At 9/25/2006, Blogger sdvknsdvkn said...

we are all winners

 
At 9/26/2006, Blogger Sir Cody said...

the current actives found it and asked me if that was our story. I told them it was and decidedto try Googling it just like they did... and voila

 
At 10/30/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best part of that trip was that Chi Phi paid for it! The hotel rooms, the cab rides, and beers at the donkey show.
Freakin priceless. Kevin was the Delta and I asked him for the money out of the social budget. Might have sacrificed a keg or two at one of the following parties, but for those of us that were there it was amazing.
By the way, I'm telling Ally you called her a."one of those chicks that wont let her boyfriend go anywhere without her" and b. "a busty blond that cryed on the buggy ride"
Your toast bro.

 
At 12/11/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur that a return trip to Mexico is in order. Viva drunken debauchery!!

 
At 12/29/2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had mine for almost 3 weeks and absolutly LOVE it. My hair is naturally curly and super frizzy especially on humid days-I live in the south so we have a lot of

humid days. This iron with the use of Chi silk serum keeps my hair frizz free even on humid days. My hair is really thick too but it only takes me 15 minutes to straighten it. It takes me longer now to blow

dry it than it does to straighten my hair. I will never own another flat iron. This one is AMAZING!!

 
At 12/30/2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had mine for almost 3 weeks and absolutly LOVE it. My hair is naturally curly and super frizzy especially on humid days-I live in the south so we have a lot of

humid days. This iron with the use of Chi silk serum keeps my hair frizz free even on humid days. My hair is really thick too but it only takes me 15 minutes to straighten it. It takes me longer now to blow

dry it than it does to straighten my hair. I will never own another flat iron. This one is AMAZING!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home