Thursday, February 16, 2006

And then Maverick says to Iceman....

So its a Sunday night (1/29/06) and Michelle tells me about a birthday party I'm going to with her. And we all know I don't turn down a chance to party on birthdays (see my last post) so we head on out to the rendevous house. The birthday is for Mav (possibly the coolest name ever), a childhood friend of her brother. Consequently, he is also a childhood friend of my brother as well. When we first arrived at his place, I was greeted by Yan (Bryan), Chris (Michelle's brother), Mav, a Lonestar tallboy, and the delightful antics of Zoolander (on the TV). It was gonna be a good night.

We went to Baby Acapulco's for dinner, home of the Purple Margaritta. So we started drinking and talking. What did we talk about you might ask, well about elementary school of course. It's weird because Bryker Woods Elementary School is a very small school. I only had 40 students in my grade level when I was there... and this is in the middle of Austin. Anyways, we started BS-ing about stuff like the old rope swing, the tire hammock, climbing to the toop of the boiler house, burning stuff on the playground, hiding underneath the school, etc. Basically everything you expect little pre-alcoholics to do when they play. It was fun catching up with my Brother's old classmates. The funniest story however was about [name withheld to protect the innocent] who, during highschool took his truck and did donuts at a local golf course, hit a rock, abandoned the car to the oncoming Police, escaping through a waist-deep creek, reporting the truck as stolen, and getting it back later with no problems at all. I gotta say, when I heard all this, I laughed so hard margaritta came up out of my nose... which burned considering it was one of the purple ones with the grain alcohal in them.

After dinner the wippersnappers went Downtown while I actually acted like an adult for once and went home to sleep for work. I know, its uncharacteristic, but even a guy like me gets tired after drinking all weekend (Thursday-Sunday). All-in-all, I say it was a fun night filled with good food, good drinks, good company, and good stories.

3 Comments:

At 2/22/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is unprecedented. You passed up downtown? I think you're slipping...

 
At 2/24/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, I could through a million excuses at you but none of them would do me justice

 
At 2/24/2006, Blogger Sir Cody said...

I could also learn how to spell "throw" correctly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home