Thursday, January 12, 2006

Oh, so now you're a philosophiser!

Have you ever noticed how enlightened you feel after a long night of drinking? It seems like the mysteries of the universe unveil infront of your bloodshot, inhebriated eyes. Well, I decided to do a little social experiment, as I sometimes do, to see just what kinda stuff I think of as a revelation after a good night on the suace. So here's what I sat down and wrote the other night after a fun night on the town:

"Selflessness is considered a virtue. However, I do not think a virtuous person is completely selfless. Selfishness is required to form the identity of the self. However,selfishness is the key to many vices such as malice, gluttony, and vanity. In the AA meetings I have attended it has been said that selfishness leads to, or contributes to, alcoholism. I believe this to be true, or have truth, but I beleive that the complete elimination of selfishness is not the proper correction for the problem. To completely rid yourself of selfishness, i.e. become completely selfless, one loses their identity and becomes part of the mass and only capable of thought within the confines of the mass (or mob). Therefore, the slightest bit of selfishness must be preserved in order to maintain an essence of individuality; and therefore serves as a positive (by means of adding diversity/choice) force within society, or the appropriate sub-group. Therefore, the true virtue is the ability to balance selfishness with selflessness in order to provid possitive support for the body greater than you, whether society as a whole or a smaller group of peers."

Whoa, now that I've read that again, I know I was drunk. It's remeniscent of the time I contemplated eternity and infinity with Marshall one night... er... early morning. I decided to type it because the handwriting was as poor as my speaking capabilities at the time... I never knew you could slur writing. Anyways, now that you've read it, let me know what you think about my first try at the Codimu Manifesto.

1 Comments:

At 1/18/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Therefore we should all go on a diet of dead babies and condoms. Wait, what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home