Thursday, November 17, 2005

There's Something About Pauli

So last Thursday (11/10/05) I was enjoying another of my usual Thursdays at the Posse. I was jibberjabberin' with people here and there when I saw something I had never seen before. Someone stopped next to one of the outside pillars, reached into the viny overgrowth, and produced a stuffed parrot. Their expression of suprise equally matched my own. I got up and went over to inspect the newly-found parrot, wondering if it was too late to make it a Captain Morgan night (no, I'm not always thinking about alcohol, just most of the time), but alas, Texas Blue laws stopped that thought in its tracks.
Then inspiration hit me: Let's mess with traffic! So I created a makeshift perch for poor little Pauli (what else would you name a fake parrot). Then I placed him in the middle of the intersection in front of Posse.


The result was funny as hell! Cars would swerve around Pauli, or would stop iin front of it, back up, and pull around it. I was sure I would witness the demise of our doomed styrofoam and feather social experiment, but the only thing that would knock it over was the wind.
After moving it all over the place, a drunk driver who apparently had a thing gainst parrots ran it over at 40mph with his Trans-Am. I didn't know whether to laugh uproariously or die a little inside. So I laughed my ass off.

Then someone suggested pulling a Steve Austin on it, but we only had about three-fitty to use. The results weren't quite as spectacular, but they got the job done.


Finally, after more fun and a brief visit by APD, poor Pauli was retired to the Austin Landfill. May he rest in peice... er... peace. If you find this entry a little lame, then I blame you! You should have been drinking with us that night.

Evening Drinking Score: 3 pitchers (i.e. 12 pints)

1 Comments:

At 11/18/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pure genius.

Nuff said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home