Friday, February 16, 2007

Giver

I'm not in what would be described as a giving stage of my life. At least in the monetary sense of the word. My personal donations at best are contributions to my own retirement rather than orphans. I don't feel bad about this for many reasons, one of which is my vehicle doesn't have automatic locks or windows. If I am too cheap to buy these things for myself you really shouldn't expect much out of my scrooge ass.

And on that note for people who have evolved past my present situation. I found a really awesome website recently Donors Choose. It sets specific donations to help out teachers. It doesn't go to a school budget or through any other feeder. Its like a donation to a single classroom for a computer or a blackboard. It is also configurable to assign where you are sending the donation, so you can support the local booger-pickers so maybe they wont steal your car in 10 years. The amount of money is low but is much more specific and meaningful to the giver and the receiver.

Like i said before i wont be giving any money, but if you know people who are looking for a tax write off or maybe a teacher who needs some help for the classroom pass it along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home